Mr. Okkar's soul

Dear Nyi Lwin,

Thank you for your very clear and simple truth about Mr. Okkar.

There is one difference between you and Okkar, though.  You are a Burmese citizen who is giving your opinion for those who want to listen.  Mr. Okkar is a Burmese citizen who is giving his opinion with 450,000 guns pointed at us from behind his back.  Without the guns, Okkar would be a scared little citizen, indeed.

The time is not far off when Mr. Okkar's masters will be standing before an international tribunal, desperately explaining why they should not be imprisoned for their gross crimes against humanity.  This is the inevitable outcome, unless of course the Burmese people get to deal with them first.

It gives me no satisfaction to think of Okkar's probable state of mind at that time.  Just a great sadness for the destruction and suffering his misguided masters are now causing, and which they will soon experience for themselves in a very personal way.

Governance is not a game of force and cleverness, Mr. Okkar, in order to accumulate power and prestige.  It is a selfless service to one's national family, and requires great personal sacrifice.  The reward of good governance is the people's happiness, not the ruler's.

There is always time to surrender to the truth, Okkar, right up until the moment when the hammer falls.  Think about it.