The rainbow man, Madiba is for Burm

Subject: The rainbow man, Madiba is for Burma

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01BEB5DA.5B9F0A00

Dear all activists
Kiru and me fully aware about Lt. Gen KN's visit to SA. Some of our =
activists said it is strange that HR icon President Mandela invite to =
military junta. In this context, I can see two parts. The first part is =
very simple.
1. Why SA invited Burmese Generals?
It is so simple. Because SA has diplomatic tie with junta. As far as I =
know, according to SA newspapers they invite all countries who has =
diplomatic tie. If you read the Friday newspaper of "New Light of =
Myanmar"....
" YANGON, 10 June - At the invitation of His Excellency Nelson R =
Mandela,President of the Republic of South Africa, Lt-Gen Khin Nyunt, =
Secretary-1of the State Peace and Development Council of the Union of =
Myanmar, on behalf of the Chairman of the State Peace and Development =
Council of the Union of Myanmar, Senior General Than Shwe, will attend =
the inauguration
ceremony of the newly elected President of the Republic of South =
Africa."
If you read the above news, it sound great for junta. Although the junta =
did not say for laymen "Oh! President Mandela himself invite to =
Generals. It seem favour to Generals." The reality is it is just the =
office work. This is the State ceremony then State invite to their =
diplomats who have diplomatic tie. NOT special favour for junta. It is =
so simple. The 2nd part is more complicated.
2. Why they have diplomatic tie with Burmese military junta? The other =
way, people from SA, even SA academics can not understand clearly why =
present Gov and ANC do not want to criticise on Burma issue or why SA do =
not want to give clear message to international community their stand on =
Burma. The queries in this context are
- SA is the democratic new-born child, they started their complicated =
structure only 4 years back.
- Might be consider, their economic problem, investment problem against =
crimes ( one of the most crimes countries in the world), investment from =
Asia and ASEAN, so many internal problems during the very short =
transitional period.
- Some discuss on "arms" issue. It was linked before democratic reform. =
Now after democratic election SA looks change the view. Likely they are =
serious consider to export weapons to the countries with bad human =
rights record. Sincerely speaking, I do not know too much on this issue. =
It is hardly to say.
My view is I have still confident President Mandela, himself is still =
the icon for HR. He supports to Daw ASSK. ( President NM spoke about =
Burma/Daw ASSK for 3 occasions as far as I know, 1st and 3rd time his =
clear message showed that he support to ASSK and democratic struggle. =
Even in 3rd occasion at Thai, he said
"``(Suu Kyi's) position has been a matter of concern in almost every =
part of the world,''=20
"  ``I discussed the matter with one eminent leader in this region and =
put forward that point (of her lack of freedom),'' Mandela said. He said =
the Asian leader did not support a plan proposed by South Africa's =
Archbishop Desmond Tutu to send a delegation of Nobel Peace laureates to =
Burma to call for reform.=20
``As (he) said, as a result of the pressure that had been put on the =
leadership, the government of Burma, they had become hardened in their =
attitude and it would be better not to send a delegation but to send =
somebody...and do it quickly,'' he said.=20
``It is easier to persuade people in private conversations... If we want =
a quick result it is better to do so through dialogue,'' Mandela said, =
without saying who might be sent or when talks would take place."
Even at latest interview with SA BC at his future home (he will stall at =
his native place after this term)
partly he discussed on international issues when should involved. He =
said one person can not change, if you involve the other countries =
affairs the international bodies are the key role.
I still optimistic on President NM. He mediated in some issues. He also =
mediated on Lockerbie.
Now is the time for "BURMA"
Remember,=20
-He is not an Asia leader
-He is not from EU or Western. It means he is NOT the sensitive issue =
for both sides.
-DASSK ionised to President NM.
-SPDC has acceptable relationship with President NM.
-President NM himself has good relationship with some Asia leaders. He =
has excellent mediator features.
- According to his above message, he is likely to mediate.
-The favourable condition is he is not in SA Government body soon. He =
can have more concern with humanitarian and HR issues.He can deal with =
anybody because he is no longer State President..Arch.Desmond Tutu is =
also his good colleague. He will remain as an icon of Human Right and =
one of the most respectable world leaders.
Due to the above criteria, the rainbow man Madiba ( old man,called him =
in SA) is the one we can count on him. The most important thing is we =
need international bodies need to persuade to him. Need lobbying to him =
from various angles.
"Now is the time for BURMA."
Relavent E-mails addresses
President Thabo Mbeki <president@xxxxxxxxxx> <tmbeki@xxxxxxxxxx>
President Mandela   <nmandela@xxxxxxxxxx>
ANC youth league President Malusi Gigada < mgigaba@xxxxxxxxxx >
Democratic Party (official opposition Party) Party Leader Mr. Tony Leon =
< headoffice@xxxxxxxxxxx >

Thein Win
South Africa

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01BEB5DA.5B9F0A00

Dear all activists
Kiru and me fully aware about Lt. Gen KN's = visit to SA.=20 Some of our
activists said it is strange that HR icon President Mandela = invite=20 to
military junta. In this context, I can see two parts. The first part = is
very=20 simple.
1. Why SA invited Burmese = Generals?
It is so simple. Because SA has = diplomatic tie=20 with junta. As far as I
know, according to SA newspapers they invite all = countries who has
diplomatic
tie. If you read the Friday newspaper of = "New=20 Light of Myanmar"....
" YANGON, 10 June - At the invitation of = His=20 Excellency Nelson R
Mandela,President of the Republic of South Africa, = Lt-Gen=20 Khin Nyunt,
Secretary-1of the State Peace and Development Council of the = Union=20 of
Myanmar, on behalf of the Chairman of the State Peace and Development =
Council=20 of the Union of Myanmar, Senior General Than Shwe, will attend
the=20 inauguration
ceremony of the newly elected President of the Republic = of South=20 Africa."
If you read the above news, = it sound=20 great for junta. Although the junta
did not say for laymen "Oh! = President=20 Mandela himself invite to Generals.
It seem favour to Generals." = The=20 reality is it is just the office work.
This is the State ceremony then = State=20 invite to their diplomats who have
diplomatic tie. NOT special favour = for junta.=20 It is so simple. The 2nd
part is more complicated.
2. Why they = have diplomatic=20 tie with Burmese military junta? The other
way, people from SA, even SA=20 academics can not understand clearly why
present Gov and ANC do not want = to=20 criticise on Burma issue or why SA do
not want to give clear message to=20 international community their stand on
Burma. The queries in this = context=20 are
- SA is the democratic new-born = child, they=20 started their complicated
structure only 4 years = back.
- Might be consider, their economic = problem,=20 investment problem against
crimes ( one of the most crimes countries in = the=20 world), investment from
Asia and ASEAN, so many internal problems during = the=20 very short
transitional period.
- Some discuss on = "arms"=20 issue. It was linked before democratic reform.
Now after democratic = election SA=20 looks change the view. Likely they are
serious consider to export = weapons to the=20 countries with bad human rights
record. Sincerely speaking, I do not = know too=20 much on this issue. It is
hardly to say.
My view is I have still confident President Mandela, himself is = still the=20
icon for HR. He supports to Daw ASSK. ( President NM spoke about = Burma/Daw
ASSK=20 for 3 occasions as far as I know, 1st and 3rd time his clear message =
showed that=20 he support to ASSK and democratic struggle. Even in 3rd
occasion
at = Thai, he=20 said
"``(Suu Kyi's) position has been = a matter of=20 concern in almost every part
of the world,''
"  ``I discussed the matter with one = eminent=20 leader in this region and
put
forward that point (of her lack of = freedom),''=20 Mandela said. He said the
Asian leader did not support a plan proposed = by South=20 Africa's Archbishop
Desmond Tutu to send a delegation of Nobel Peace = laureates=20 to Burma to
call for reform.
``As (he) said, as a result of the pressure that = had been=20 put on the
leadership, the government of Burma, they had become hardened = in=20 their
attitude and it would be better not to send a delegation but to = send=20
somebody...and do it quickly,'' he said.
``It is easier to persuade people in private=20 conversations... If we want a
quick result it is better to do so through = dialogue,'' Mandela said, without
saying who might be sent or when talks = would=20 take place."
Even at latest interview with SA BC at his = future home=20 (he will stall at
his native place after this term)
partly he discussed on international issues = when should=20 involved. He said
one person can not change, if you involve the other = countries=20 affairs the
international bodies are the key role.
I still optimistic on President NM. He = mediated in some=20 issues. He also
mediated on Lockerbie.
Now is the time for = "BURMA"
Remember,
-He is not an Asia leader
-He is not from EU or Western. It means he is = NOT the=20 sensitive issue for
both sides.
-DASSK ionised to President NM.
-SPDC has acceptable relationship with = President=20 NM.
-President NM himself has good relationship = with some=20 Asia leaders. He
has
excellent mediator features.
- According to his above message, he is = likely to=20 mediate.
-The favourable condition is he is not in SA = Government=20 body soon. He can
have more concern with humanitarian and HR issues.He = can deal=20 with
anybody
because he is no longer State President..Arch.Desmond Tutu = is also=20 his
good colleague. He will remain as an icon of Human Right and one of = the
most=20 respectable world leaders.
Due to the above criteria, the rainbow man = Madiba ( old=20 man,called him in
SA) is the one we can count on him. The most important = thing=20 is we need
international bodies need to persuade to him. Need lobbying = to him=20 from
various angles.
"Now is the time for = BURMA."
Relavent E-mails addresses
President Thabo Mbeki <<3d.htm>president@xxxxxxxxxx>
<<3d.htm>tmbeki@xxxxxxxxxx>
President Mandela   <<3d.htm>nmandela@xxxxxxxxxxxx=
;
ANC youth league President Malusi = Gigada < <3d.htm>mgigaba@xxxxxxxxxx >
Democratic Party (official opposition Party) Party Leader Mr. Tony = Leon=20 <
<3d.htm>headoffice@xxxxxxxxxxx=20 >

Thein Win
South Africa

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01BEB5DA.5B9F0A00--