Canadian envoy case;

Burmese deny Canadian envoy access to Suu Kyi
    OTTAWA, March 7 (Reuter) - The Burmese government has
blocked Canada's ambassador to Rangoon from visiting Aung San
Suu Kyi, prompting Canadian worries that the government may be
trying to tighten access to the Burmese democracy leader.
    Ambassador Manfred von Nostitz tried to visit Suu Kyi on
Wednesday evening, but Burmese security officials met him and
prevented him from entering her compound, Canadian foreign
affairs spokeswoman Diane Simsovik said on Friday.
    "It's not acceptable that he was denied access to Miss Suu
Kyi, and the ambassador raised the issue with Burmese minister
of foreign affairs the next day," she said.
    He was told he would have to make requests to the Burmese
Foreign Ministry if he wanted to visit her.
    "Canada is very concerned that these new procedures might
make it far more difficult to have meetings with Aung San Suu
Kyi and with the leadership of the National League for
Democracy," Simsovik said.
    She added that the ambassador left Burma on a previously
planned flight on Thursday but would continue to seek meetings
with Suu Kyi, who won the 1991 Nobel Peace Prize for her
non-violent efforts toward democracy.
 REUTER
2204 070397 GMT

The following is a call to whom it may concern

Dear reader, if you are Burmese, please feel Burmese. Do the Right Thing.
Do it Right. And Do it Right Now!!!

After all the audience will just criticize all of us, Burmese,
both the pro-democracy community and the pro-slorc community. We will be
told or the history will be written how we fight fiercely like two dogs
without heads. After all, who shall take the shame ? Are we all Burmese
(no matter pro-democracy or pro-slorc) that stupid?

Whoever read this message, I beg you in the name of my country (whatever
you call Burma or Myanmar or Sa-Pae-Pan or Hnin-Se-Pan) please let us stop
this National Shame business, let us put all our effort into one
direction only! which is to talk peacefully. Let us work together
to reach the day of tripartite dialogue. This is the only way by which we
can show the world that we Burmese are not as stupid as we look :-)

What we Burmese get from the present situation: if you are pro-democracy
you get the name as idealistic(non pragmatic) if you are pro-slorc or
slorc, you get the name "...". What is left for all of us, Burmese?

My call is.... Are you Burmese ?
          .... Do you really REALLY love your country ?
	  .... Please show the world that we had and still have sense

Please Please answer my call out there.. I know you are reading

Last but not least let me tell you, "do not keep the false pride, it is
not healthy."

NiNi